When considering upgrading your home’s HVAC system, you may begin to wonder if HVAC zoning or a 2-system HVAC is better for heating and cooling your space. Each of these HVAC options includes its benefits and drawbacks, and we believe it is essential for homeowners to know about them before making this significant investment. Keep reading to learn more about 2-system and HVAC zoning for your home.
What Is HVAC Zoning?
HVAC zoning consists of one HVAC system that has several dampers that act like valves in the ducts. These valves allow you to control which zone the air from your system flows into through one control panel. There are several benefits and drawbacks of HVAC zoning which you should consider if you believe it is best for your home.
Benefits Of HVAC Zoning
- Less Expensive Upfront: The lower upfront cost is a significant benefit of HVAC zoning. This lower cost is due to only needing one HVAC system. If you are looking for a less expensive option, HVAC zoning might be best for you.
- One control System: It is incredibly convenient not to have to worry about going to separate controls when setting your HVAC. If you don’t want to walk across your home to set independent systems, HVAC zoning is a great way to avoid that.
Drawbacks Of HVAC Zoning
- Not As Efficient: Having HVAC zoning in your home sounds excellent when you are trying to set an overall temperature in your home. However, with HVAC zoning, your system is not as efficient. It won’t shut off until the house is cooled or warmed thoroughly, which may take more time, making it less efficient.
- Hard To Find Experts: Finding someone who can install or maintain HVAC zoning in your home is difficult. Because it is hard to find an expert, you may find yourself waiting quite a while for a professional to come out if you need repairs.
What Is A 2-System HVAC
A 2-system HVAC setup consists of two separate HVAC systems for two areas of your home. This can include two different floors or in your home and garage. There are many benefits and drawbacks of 2-system setup in your home, which you should consider before calling a professional to install this setup.
Benefits Of A 2-System HVAC
- Independent Controls: Independent controls for a 2-System HVAC means you can set independent temperatures. This is great if you don’t want your basement to be as cool as the rest of your home or if your second system is in a section of your home you don’t use that often.
- More Reliable: If your HVAC breaks when you have HVAC zoning, you don’t have any heating or cooling throughout your home until it is repaired. However, with a 2-system HVAC, you don’t have to worry about that. Even if one system breaks, you have another working system that you can rely on to keep you comfortable.
Drawbacks Of A 2-System HVAC
- Expensive Upfront: It is costly to purchase 2 HVAC systems upfront. If you decide that a 2-system HVAC is better for your home, you should prepare for this expense. It may seem a little off-putting if you are looking for a less expensive option.
- Chance For Higher Energy Bill: Even though your 2-system HVAC may be smaller than HVAC zoning, the two systems will likely consume the same amount of energy. This energy consumption means you may notice an increase in your energy bills after getting a 2-system setup in your home.
What We Recommend
While a 2-system HVAC setup may be more expensive upfront, we believe this is the best setup for your home. Because it is hard to find an expert to install and maintain this system, it may create more of a headache for your family than it is worth. A 2-system HVAC system is easier to maintain, meaning your home can stay comfortable in warm or cold weather.
Installing A 2-System HVAC With Genuine Comfort
If you are interested in getting a 2-system HVAC for your home, you should work with a team of professionals you know you can trust. Our team at Genuine Comfort is confident that we can install a 2-system HVAC setup in your home quickly, allowing your family to appreciate the comfort of your new system as soon as possible.
In addition to 2-system HVAC setups, we provide homeowners across Northern Utah with HVAC repair and maintenance. If you are interested in a 2-system setup for your home or would like to speak with a member of our team about other services we provide, reach out today.