Carbon monoxide can lead to substantial damage to your health and the health of your family. It is important to ensure that you understand carbon monoxide and how it can impact your building. Many people think that it is sufficient to have a carbon monoxide detector inside of their home, but this can actually lead to many additional problems.
Detecting Carbon Monoxide
Carbon monoxide is a gas that can’t be detected by physical sensations. It can’t be seen or smelled, which means that you can be impacted by carbon monoxide without even knowing it. A carbon monoxide detector will only alert you when the carbon monoxide levels of your air reaches 80 parts per million. At this point, you will likely already have symptoms and damage to your health. This is an extreme amount of carbon monoxide to have in your air. Due to this, it is critical to leave your house immediately when your carbon monoxide detector goes off.
Replace your Furnace
A furnace that is damaged or grows particularly old may contribute to the level of carbon monoxide in the air of your building. It is often much more beneficial to ensure that you take the steps to protect your family before the air reaches the point where it is detected by your carbon monoxide detector. When the air reaches 15 parts per million, you should generally have your furnace replaced in order to protect your health and the health of your family.
The air quality inside of your building is incredibly important when it comes to your health. Understanding carbon monoxide is critical in providing this protection. At Genuine Comfort, we are passionate about ensuring that your furnace is in good condition to protect your home. To learn more about carbon monoxide and if it is time to replace your furnace, feel free to check out our YouTube video or contact our expert team.